Granite is a beautiful stone known to be durable and long-lasting. It’s an expensive stone that is commonly used in kitchen countertops. One of the benefits of granite is that is resistant to staining. Some acid liquids, such as vinegar and wine, can leave stains on granite if left untreated. Wine stains can be removed from granite with just a few items that can be purchased from most hardware and home improvement stores.
Things You'll Need
- Molding plaster
- Small bowl
- Putty knife
- Soft cloth
Video of the Day
Mix 1 cup of molding plaster with bleach in a small bowl. Add enough bleach to the plaster to create a thick paste with the consistency similar to toothpaste.
Apply the mixture to the stain and spread with a small putty knife completely covering the wine. Let the paste dry for about a half hour.
Dampen a sponge with water and wipe away the paste. The paste along with the wine stain should wipe away.
Repeat Steps 2 and 3 until the wine stain is completely removed.
Wipe area with a dampened sponge until all traces of bleach are removed. Bleach, if left too long on granite, can cause damage. Dry the area with a soft cloth.