Lysol is a widely used household disinfectant. According to Lysol.com, the ingredients that make up Lysol can kill up to 99.9 percent of all household germs that could cause illness. Lysol is EPA approved.
Video of the Day
Denatured ethyl alcohol is the main ingredient in Lysol. Ethyl or ethanol is alcohol. When combined with toxic and/or bitter ingredients, it becomes undesirable to drink and may become harmful if ingested.
Carbon dioxide is a colorless, odorless, incombustible gas commonly used in aerosol sprays like Lysol.
2-Phenylphenols are light, flaky crystals that have a mild, distinct odor. The ingredient is a registered disinfectant, which can be absorbed into the body either by breathing it in or swallowing it.
Lysol can be used to disinfect and sanitize. Spraying Lysol can also kill and prevent the growth of mold and mildew.
Lysol should be flushed or rinsed off immediately if it comes in direct contact with skin or eyes. If the product is inhaled, move the victim outside to fresh air. If Lysol is ingested, call a physician or your poison control. Do not induce vomiting, but have the person rinse their mouth thoroughly with water.