The holidays are that time of year when all of the best family recipes come out. This one is a favorite of our family. It makes the perfect side dish for any meal.
Things You'll Need
- 6 potatoes, one for each guest and one extra. I like red but brown potatoes work well to
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup, low sodium/low fat
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. sour cream, low fat
- 1 cup of Special K cereal
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 9 x 13 baking dish, sprayed with cooking spray
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Peel potatoes and slice. Layer the potatoes on the bottom of a greased baking dish. Set aside.
Sauté onion in 2 tablespoons of butter until onions are clear and soft. Then combine onion with soup, 1 cup of cheese and sour cream into a bowl with 1 can of water. Pour mixture over potatoes
Spread remaining cup of cheese over potatoes. Melt the remaining butter in pan used for the onions. Pour butter over Special K cereal in a dish, then pour cereal mixture on top of potatoe mixture. Place in hot oven.
Bake for 25 minutes or until potatoes are soft and cheese is a nice golden brown.