Signs & Symptoms of Ingesting Mold

Save
(Image: Thomas Northcut/Stockbyte/Getty Images)

Mold can become a health problem whenever you come into contact with it. Ingesting mold can cause problems in certain situations, sometimes more severe than other forms of contact.

Onset

Some symptoms may not occur for up to a week after mold ingestion, but most symptoms will be prevalent within 24 to 72 hours.

Nausea

The first symptom that usually appears after mold ingestion is nausea. This refers to an upset stomach and the urge to vomit.

Enteritis

Enteritis usually presents itself within two to three days after mold ingestion and includes stomach cramps and diarrhea.

Irritation

The mold may also cause irritations to the skin and the eyes. Eye swelling and reddening is common after toxic mold ingestion.

Toxicosis

Some molds can trigger the production of mycotoxins, which can lead to nerve damage, organ damage, headaches, flu-like symptoms, and cancer.

References

Promoted By Zergnet

Comments

Check It Out

This Is the Beauty Routine of a Yelp Sales Manager

M
Is DIY in your DNA? Become part of our maker community.
Submit Your Work!