How to Make Healthy Energy Drinks. Healthy energy drinks are delicious and nutritious, and better yet, they only take a few minutes to whip up in your blender. They're perfect for a quick breakfast on the go, to put in a thermos for lunch, or a snack for the afternoon doldrums. Follow these recipes to whip up some great energy drinks.
Things You'll Need
- 4 large ice cubes
- 1/2 cup canned pineapple chunks
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 12 oz. fresh water
- 8 oz. of milk (whole or 2 percent)
- 1 heaping scoop of chocolate protein powder
- 5 large ice cubes
- 8 fresh raspberries
- 1 12-oz. can of root beer
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- 2 tbsp. cream
- 1 cup fruit juice or low-fat milk
- 1 heaping tbsp. wheat germ
- Approximately 3 scoops vanilla protein powder, depending on your preference.
- 1 large banana, frozen and quartered
- 1/4 cup low fat yogurt, plain
- 1 tbsp. whey protein
- 1 egg (optional)
Blast of Pineapple
Mix the ice cubes, pineapple, protein powder and water in a blender.
Blend on high speed until the mixture is smooth.
Pour the blast of pineapple into a tall glass or mug.
Raspberry Chocolate Energy Drink
Place the milk, protein powder, ice cubes and fresh raspberries in a blender.
Add the ice cubes and blend thoroughly. The mixture will be thick.
Serve the raspberry chocolate energy drink in a mug, or eat it with a spoon.
Energy Root Beer Float
Place all of the ingredients in a blender.
Mix all of the ingredients in a blender until thick and creamy.
Turn the blender on high speed and blend until the mixture is smooth.
Pour the energy root beer float into a tall glass or mug.
Drink two or three drinks daily between meals for weight gain.