From the moment your alarm clock goes off and snaps you out of that dream where you're relaxing on a secluded Mexican beach, it's just go, go, go! After rushing to get ready for work, getting the kiddos to school on time and totally crushing it at work, the last thing you want to do when you finally get home at the end of the day is jump into the kitchen to cook up some extravagant dinner. A little planning can go a long way and with the help of easy recipes that can be made in one pot, on one sheet pan or in the crockpot, your weeknight dinners just got a whole lot easier.
How to Make a Quick Dinner - Recipe
One Pot Wonders
1. Save Time With A Quick and Savory Butternut Squash Pasta
This savory pasta is full of healthy ingredients like spinach and butternut squash and can be on your table in under 30 minutes. Use pre-cooked sausage and you'll only have one pan to wash after dinner.
2. Cut Corners Without Compromising Flavor With Shrimp Pesto Pasta
Even the pickiest easters at your dinner table will scarf down this shrimp pesto pasta. And with hidden veggies like kale, peas and sun-dried tomatoes, you never have to feel guilty about diving in for seconds.
3. Enjoy A Bowl of Comfort Food Any Day of The Week With This Beef Stroganoff
This beef stroganoff has so many layers of flavor, you'll be shocked to find out it was all prepared in the same pan. Now, you can have a heaping helping of comfort food any night of the week without the help of a drive thru.
4. Say Goodbye to the Mid-Week Dinner Slump With This Spicy Shrimp Gumbo
Turn your usual Wednesday night dinner up a notch and transport yourself straight to New Orleans with this spicy shrimp gumbo recipe. Make a big batch and you'll be back on vacation come lunchtime for the next three days.
5. Take Taco Night to the Next Level With This Casserole
You'll want to make every night taco night after you taste the explosion of flavor in this layered taco casserole. Top the finished casserole with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and crushed tortilla chips for extra crunch.
6. Make Dinnertime a Breeze With This Make-Ahead Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
Rotisserie chicken makes this chicken and broccoli casserole a cinch to put together after a long day at work. Or better yet, prep it the night before and throw it in the oven when you get home, and it'll be ready as soon as you step out of your well-deserved bubble bath.
7. Satisfy Your Cravings With a Slice of Tamale Pie
A spicy chili filled with black beans, corn and chopped tomatoes is topped with a thick layer of buttery cornbread and diced jalapeño peppers to make a meal that will leave you stuffed and satisfyed. Serve the finished tamale pie with a dollop of sour cream and chopped scallions. Your weeknight dinner menu just got a major upgrade.
8. Switch It Up With This Protein-Packed Southwest Chicken Casserole
This southwest chicken casserole is loaded with protein thanks to the quinoa, black beans and chicken — it's just the kind of hearty meal you crave come dinnertime. Next time you make it, leave out the chicken and serve with a chopped salad for a delicious meatless Monday meal.
9. Bake This Foolproof Tater Tot Casserole for Dinner
Any excuse to eat tater tots for dinner is a good one. Using frozen vegetables and canned cream of mushroom soup make this tater tot casserole a no-brainer for busy days. Use a large oven-safe skillet to transform this into a one-pot meal. Honestly, can it get any better?
10. Put a Delicious Twist on Breakfast for Dinner With This Cheesy Potato Casserole
When your family asks you, "What's for dinner?" tell them you're making this cheesy potato casserole and you won't hear a single complaint. It may have something to do with the crispy bacon, shredded hash browns and the cornflake topping, but as long as they're eating, it's best not to question it. Just cut yourself a piece and dig in!
11. You Deserve This Simple Chili Relleno Casserole After A Long Day
You're less than 10 ingredients away from this spicy and satisfying chili relleno casserole. This vegetarian delight will keep for up to five days in the refrigerator — it looks like your week just got a whole lot easier.
Scrumptious Sheet Pan Dinners
12. Baked Salmon and Vegetables Never Tasted So Good
Make a healthy dinner that's bursting with flavor without slaving away in the kitchen all evening. Each piece of salmon gets wrapped in tinfoil, covered in a dill butter sauce and topped with two slice of lemon and cooks alongside the vegetables. You'll have zero pans to clean up afterwards (just toss the tinfoil) and that's reason enough to put this one on your weeknight menu.
13. Enjoy This Chicken Broccoli and Potatoes for Dinner (and Lunch) Without Getting Bored
14. Feed a Crowd With This One-Pan Chicken Sausage Dinner
This sheet pan chicken sausage dinner is the ultimate combination of savory and sweet. It's also a great dinner to make when you need to feed a crowd since you literally put everything on the sheet pan and stick it in the oven for 40 minutes. Broil for an additional two minutes for maximum crunch.
15. Make Dinner Prep Easy With Simple Pesto Chicken
Shorten your prep time by opening a jar of pre-made pesto and slathering it onto uncooked chicken. Pair the pesto chicken with asparagus and cherry tomatoes and you'll be licking your lips long after the plates are clean.
Succulent Slow Cooker Meals
16. Warm Up on Cold Days With This Seafood Stew
If you're a seafood fanatic, say hello to your new favorite dinner. Overflowing with shrimp, crabs, clams and haddock, this seafood stew will warm you from the inside out. Serve with thick slices of crusty bread and get ready to collect the compliments.
17. Your Slow Cooker Makes Having Pot Roast Easier Than Ever
18. Make This Chicken And Rice Soup for a No-Brainer Dinner
19. Upgrade Your Standard Scalloped Potatoes With This Cheesy Potato and Ham Casserole
These aren't your grandma's scalloped potatoes. Thin slices of potato, onions, diced ham and cheddar cheese are combined and cooked in the slow cooker for the next four hours. Pair this cheesy potato and ham casserole with a big salad, and dinner is served.