The holiday season is a time for creating one-of-a-kind decor for your home, but when the new year begins, it's a shame that these pieces can start to feel a little out of season. Here are 15 ideas for DIY decor that will last after your other festive decorations are packed up.
15 Home Decor DIYs That Go Beyond the Holidays
1. Make a Bouquet of Crepe Paper Poinsettias
2. Personalize a Beaded Wire Word Ornament
We've seen these wire word ornaments adorning more than just a holiday tree. Create one using a loved one's name or a sweet sentiment like "dream" or "family" and add it to a doorknob, bulletin board or gallery wall to enjoy all year long.
3. Transform a Driftwood and Twig Reindeer Ornament
4. Paint a Pine Tree With Watercolors
It's always good to have a collection of greeting cards on hand for birthday occasions or to drop a line to a friend. Try putting an artistic touch on a handmade card using watercolors, or create a piece of wall art that you'll love throughout the winter season.
5. Make a Mason Jar Snow Globe
For yet another creative use for a Mason jar, follow this tutorial to make your own snow globe. Try putting a spin on this timeless trinket using any number of figurines, stones, or other special items that you want to encapsulate.
6. Assemble a Rustic Birch Branch Place Mat
Cold winters call for warm fires, which means always keeping your firewood pile stocked. If you have any extra-thin logs lying around, use them to make a rustic placemat. This rustic table accent can be used long after the snow melts.
7. Create a Birch Bark Pinecone Ornament
Birch bark is a great neutral texture to incorporate into your home decor. Place several of these charming pine cones in a large glass vase or bowl and put on display in your entryway, living room or dining room.
8. Learn How to Make an Embossed Foil Leaf Wreath
9. Bleach Pine Cones
10. Create a Modern Tree Topper
11. Construct a Reclaimed Wood Card Display
12. Make a Plastic Animal Key Holder
Never lose your keys again! An adorable key holder is a great place to hang daily essentials that you never leave the house without. Repurpose a plastic animal into a chic and handy item using a few coats of spray paint.
13. Rethink a Sustainable Woodland Berry Bowl
14. Turn a $10 Bunch of Flowers Into a $70 Centerpiece
Looking to get more out of a simple bouquet of flowers? Read on to learn how to create a bountiful, awe-inspiring centerpiece. Because knowing how to arrange flowers is an evergreen skill everyone can master.