To create the illusion of a masculine face, you don't need a custom-made mask. Use an eyebrow pencil and pressed powder foundation in light and dark shades to suggest typical masculine features, such as facial hair, thick eyebrows and a chiseled face. For an authentic-looking manly Halloween or costume party get-up, choose clothing, accessories and a hairstyle that man you up as well.
How to Use Makeup to Look Like a Man
Create a Manly Face
Things You'll Need
Sharp eyebrow pencil
Pressed powder foundation, dark and light
Dark brown eyeshadow (optional)
Broad makeup brush (optional)
Dress Like a Man
Put together an outfit that is classically male such as:
- White-collar professional: Wear a man's suit with tie.
- Blue-collar worker: Wear jeans or other sturdy-fabric slacks, or slip into overalls, such as the blue kind mechanics wear.
- Athlete: Rent an athlete's costume or make your own with a jersey, oversized shoulder pads and tight pants.
- Musician: Rock your party with a costume you rent or outfit you put together for your alter-ego male musician.
Style or Hide Your Hair
- Cover your hair with a hat. If your hair is long, gather it above your head and twist as if to make a bun. Hold it in place while covering it with a bill cap or hat.
- Wear a wig with a hairstyle that's distinctly masculine.
- Wear long hair down, provided your hair isn't angled or layered. Or gather it into an elastic at the nape of your neck, wearing it in a ponytail.
- Use gel, mousse or spray to transform a short, feminine haircut into a manly 'do.
- Using a styling product, tousle short hair -- perfect with the 5 o'clock shadow makeup.
- Wear a man's watch, dressy or sporty to match your costume.
- Purchase a pair of reading glasses -- pop out the lenses -- or men's sunglasses for a buck at a dollar store.
- Add a sweatband by tying a paisley bandanna around your forehead.
- Leave your purse at home. Carry your essentials, along with makeup and costume repair kit, in a gym bag, backpack, briefcase or metal lunchbox, depending on your costume.