Did you know that you can make creamy, chocolatey mousse using avocados? That's right! For those of you looking for a way to enjoy chocolate mousse without dairy or eggs, look no further. It's kind of crazy, but this dessert not only looks like chocolate mousse, but also tastes like it, too. Using avocados gives this dessert the creamy texture it needs, and transforms this cup of chocolatey goodness into a tasty vegan treat that's actually much better for your body than its traditional counterpart.
Things You'll Need
- Flesh of 2 ripe avocados
- 3 1/2 oz 70% cocoa vegan chocolate, melted
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup honey, more to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons hazelnut milk, or other non-dairy milk of choice
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Coconut whipped cream, or other non-dairy whipped topping, optional garnish
- Cocoa nibs, optional garnish
Video of the Day
Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender or food processor as necessary.
Taste the mousse, adding more honey to taste. Blend for a few more seconds until smooth, then divide the mousse between 3-4 short glasses. Place the mousse in the refrigerator for about 45 minutes to chill before serving.
If you want a creamier mousse, simply add a little extra hazelnut milk.
Before serving, garnish each cup with a dollop of coconut whipped cream, and a light sprinkling of cocoa nibs.