Things You'll Need
Broil chicken for a low-fat, low-calorie dish. Add zest with seasonings or liquids. Baste broiling chicken with a tangy barbecue sauce for a quick, easy-to-prepare meal. If you aren't pressed for time, marinate your chicken pieces for half an hour before broiling them. Brine the poultry overnight for a moist, flavorful chicken dish. Serve your broiled chicken with a side salad, brown rice, broccoli, corn or a sweet potato for a tasty meal.
Put your oven rack on the lowest shelf. Set your oven on broil.
Video of the Day
Wash your chicken pieces. Pat them dry with paper towels.
Place the chicken pieces in a bowl. Pour a little olive oil on top of the chicken. Toss the chicken pieces until they're lightly coated in olive oil.
Season both sides of each chicken piece with your favorite herbs, spices or seasoning; examples include salt-free seasoning blends, lemon pepper and garlic salt.
Place the chicken on a cookie sheet lined with foil.
Place the cookie sheet in the oven. Broil legs and thighs for 15 minutes, turn them and broil for an additional 15 to 20 minutes. Broil chicken breasts for 20 minutes, flip them over and cook them for another 20 to 25 minutes.
- RecipeTips.com; Grilling and Broiling Chicken; 2011
- Cook Think: Broiled Boneless Chicken Breasts
- "Redbook" magazine; Broiled Chicken Breasts; 1999
- RecipeTips.com; Butterflying Chicken; 2011
- "The New York Times"; Three Ways to Keep Grilled Chicken Moist; Mark Bittman; August 2010
- What's Cooking America: Guidelines for Brining Poultry