Sorry kids, but this mac and cheese recipe is for adults only. Slow cooked in a crock pot, it's the ultimate comfort food made in the easiest way. Perfect for game day, holidays, potluck dinners, or after a day spent in the snow.
Things You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 cups (8.5 ounces) freshly grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 12 ounces beer
- ¾ cup broth (chicken or vegetable)
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (this keeps the sauce from separating)
- 3 tablespoons flour (this helps thicken the sauce)
- 3 1/2 cups uncooked large elbow macaroni
Video of the Day
Add all ingredients except the elbow macaroni to a blender; blend until smooth.
Add the sauce and the dry macaroni noodles to a slow cooker; stir to combine.
Cook on low for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
Remove the macaroni from the slow cooker as soon as the sauce has thickened and the noodles are cooked through (leaving them in the slow cooker on the warm setting will cause the dish to burn and curdle.)