Making your own Christmas card to distribute to all of your friends and family via email is an easy, inexpensive way to share the holiday spirit. You have complete creative control over your Christmas greeting, and you don't even have to leave the house. Several websites offer a free service. Once you've created your Christmas card, you'll want to send e-greetings for every holiday and celebration throughout the rest of your year.
Things You'll Need
- Free online greeting card account
- Flash player (optional)
- Photos, art for downloading
Visit a website that is meant for creating greeting cards. MyCardMaker.com, Delivr.net and Regards.com all offer Christmas email greeting cards.
Choose a photo or artwork to use for the front of your card. You can upload a photo that you currently have or choose art from the website's gallery.
Enter a customized greeting. Aside from what to write, you'll also choose the type of font to use, the size of the print and the color. You may also be able to personalize the backside of the card as well.
Enter your name and email address as well as the name and email address of the recipient or recipients.
Tips & Warnings
- If you have an online photo account, such as an account with Flickr.com, you might use your posted photos on your greeting card. Certain websites, such as MyCardMaker.com, offer this service. This means you won't have to upload a new photo--instead, you can simply enter your Flickr login information and use an already-uploaded picture.
- Some websites will also let you print your greeting cards. This is a good option if you need to email the greeting card to certain people and send it by regular mail to others.
- Search for greeting cards that are already designed on the websites. You can find Christmas cards that include animation or are interactive.
- You may have difficulty creating an online greeting card without having a Flash player installed on your computer. If the website that you're using to create the card needs a Flash player to operate correctly, you'll be prompted to let the site access the necessary software.
- You may have to create a username, password and profile in order to access certain websites. Before sending your email greeting card, you'll have to sign into your account.
- Photo Credit christmas ball with snowflakes and christmas tree image by WaD from Fotolia.com
How to Create Christmas Cards Online for Free
If you want to send electronic Christmas cards, there are a variety of free resources available online. These days, the Internet is...
How to Create a Christmas Card to Email With a Photo
Save money on postage, and make your own electronic Christmas cards instead. Customize the card with any clip art, images or graphics...
How to Design Your Own Christmas Cards for Email
You can create a Christmas card suitable to send via email with a variety of resources available online or by using a...
How to Send a Greeting Card Via Email
Sending a greeting card to a loved one's email is easy and most of the time free. There are many websites that...
How to Send Christmas Cards for Free
Sending a Christmas card in the mail is an easy way to spread holiday cheer. You can create Christmas cards using family...
Holiday Greeting Message Ideas
Before you compose the greeting on your holiday card, think about both the occasion and its audience. Personalized greetings are typically reserved...
- Ideas for How to Create Gift Vouchers