Finding out what time you were born can help you get a more accurate astrology reading. Time of birth is meaningful to astrologers, as is the date of your birth and the place of your birth. The date and place of your birth is common knowledge for many people who were raised by their biological parents, but the time of birth may be a mystery.
Things You'll Need
- $10-$25 for a copy of a birth certificate
- Information about your parentss names
- Name of the hospital where you were born
- A current legal ID
Video of the Day
1. Locate a copy of your birth certificate
Locate a copy of your birth certificate. A long form birth certificate should list the time of your birth. If you do not have a copy of your birth certificate you will have to search deeper.
2. Find out the name of the hospital where you were born
Find out the name of the hospital where you were born. Locate the contact information of the hospital using a hospital directory. Contact the hospital and ask them their procedure for acquiring a copy of the birth certificate that includes the time of your birth.
3. Call the office of the doctor who delivered you
Call the office of the doctor who delivered you. Inquire about records pertaining to your time of birth.
4. Contact the local or county town hall
Contact the local or county town hall in the town where you were born.
5. Contact your state's Bureau of Vital Statistics
Contact your state's Bureau of Vital Statistics to acquire a copy of the record of your birth. The National Center for Health Statistics has a list of all states and their requirements for requesting a copy of a birth certificate. They may require you to request the information in writing.
6. Make a copy of your current identification
Make a copy of your current identification, which may need to be sent along with any written request. Also write out a check or a use a money order to mail to the vital records office in the state where you were born.