The process for re-inking a Deluxe self-inking stamp is very similar to the process for other stamp brands. There are two basic types of Deluxe stamps, which the owner must determine before re-inking, and both are quite easy to manage. Deluxe brand ink must always be used, as different ink formulations may damage the internal stamp pad and affect print quality. One ink refill may last for thousands of impressions, but stamps use very little ink. It is important to apply only four to six drops to the pad, or prints will appear smudged and heavy.
Determine where the ink pad is located on your Deluxe stamp. Side-mounted ink pads will be behind a plastic door, visible on the front of the stamp. Stamps with top-mounted ink pads will not have a visible side door.
Expose the ink pad refill holes on side-mounted units by pulling the door out of the stamp. Access the pad refill holes on top-mounted pad models by pulling the top cover of the stamp straight up and off.
Drop two to three drops of ink into each of the pad's two refill holes.
Push the pad into the stamp, or replace the top cover.
Allow the stamp to set for several hours, or overnight if the pad was extremely dry, and then do a test print.
Tips & Warnings
- On top-mounted pad stamps, the stamp may be depressed slightly to allow easier access to the refill holes.
- A pair of rubber gloves is optional, to prevent stamp ink form getting on hands.
- A paper towel or waste paper may be placed on the work surface to catch accidental drips. The process is generally neat and clean, but accidents happen.
- Don't allow stamps to go unused for long periods of time. Ink will evaporate, causing pads to dry out, which often requires pad replacement.
- Don't store stamps on their side, especially after re-inking, as ink spill could result.
- Follow all health warnings and precautions on the ink package.
- Photo Credit Jupiterimages/Polka Dot/Getty Images
How to Refill a Self-Inking Stamp
A self-inking stamp uses a rubber stamp pad, like most stamps. However, it also contains an ink pad, which is built into...
How to Refill Pre-Inked Stamps
Pre-inked stamps and self-inking stampers provide a convenient, self-contained tool for consistently marking documents and correspondence. Pre-inked stamps can be customized for...
How Do I Re-Ink a Self Inking Stamp?
People who use self-inking stamps like them because of their convenience. Self-inking stamps are rubber stamps with a plastic ink reservoir above...
How to Re-Ink a RM-10 Ink Stamp
You've been stamping addresses on envelopes with a Royal Mark-10 for a while now and the impression of the stamp has begun...
How to Re-Ink a Copy Stamp
Copy stamps are used to imprint the word “COPY” on a document to certify it as a genuine copy. It is used...
How to Refill a Self-Inking Signature Stamp
Self-inking stamps are a clean and efficient way to place signatures on documents without the use of a separate ink pad. A...
How to Refill a Stamp-Ever
Stamp-Evers are self-inking stamps that are used for business and personal applications. You can custom order your stamps to contain not only...
How to Re-Ink Stamps
In order to re-ink stamps, dry the stamp pad and squeeze re-inker onto the pad before allowing it to be absorbed. Preparer...
Kid Pix Tutorial
Kid Pix is an image editing program designed especially for children. The basic Kid Pix program is a full-featured image editor. Kid...