Organic face cream differs from chemically based face cream because it is formulated from ingredients that are safe for the environment and do not cause side effects to the user’s health. Several chemicals used in face care products are toxic to the body. Porous skin absorbs the ingredients of face cream (safe or hazardous) making organic face cream an alternative to those with chemical compounds. Skin can both healthy and beautiful without harming environment or the body.
Things You'll Need
- 4 ounces fresh comfrey or chamomile (2 ounces if dried)
- 2/3 cup almond or high quality olive oil
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- 2 tablespoons organic cocoa butter
- 2 tablespoons high quality raw honey
- 1 teaspoon borax
- Pyrex glass bowl
- 2 cup Pyrex glass measuring cup
- Wire strainer
- Double boiler
- Small cooking pot
- Small jars with lids
Place herbs in the glass bowl and pour 12 ounces of boiling water over them. Allow it to set four hours creating a herbal water.
Hold the wire strainer over the measuring cup and pour the herbal water through the strainer removing any herbs from the water.
Heat up water in the bottom of the double boiler. When the water begins to boil, add the oil and beeswax to the top pot to slowly melt the beeswax.
Add the herbal water, honey and borax to the small cooking pot. Heat the pot until mixture is warm.
Remove both pots from the heat and slowly pour the herbal water mixture to the oil mixture while stirring. Beat the ingredients until creamy.
Spoon the face cream into small containers and screw on lids tightly.
Tips & Warnings
- Add oils such as tea tree oil during the final mixing to sooth and heal skin.
- Use different herbs for different skin types. This recipe is the most mild and least irritating to skin.
- Some people are sensitive to certain herbs and essential oils; therefore, if any reaction occurs, discontinue use immediately.
- Photo Credit Jupiterimages/Pixland/Getty Images
How to Make Natural Face Creams
The cosmetics and beauty market is saturated with creams, lotions, serums and gels--all claiming to be able to make you look younger...
How to Make Nighttime Face Cream
Nighttime face creams are thick, creamy lotions that help to create silky and smooth skin while you sleep. Because of their thickness,...
Natural Skin Cream Recipes
Skin creams work differently than regular lotions as they are lighter and provide nutritional benefits for the skin. There are many skin...
Organic Cosmetic Cream Recipes
Organic cosmetic cream recipes can be used to create all-natural cosmetic creams in the home. Use the following base organic cosmetic cream...