The lemon cleanse is a natural way to remove toxins from your system, clean your colon and shed a few pounds. Also known as the master cleanse, the lemon water fast is known to alkalize the system, improve skin tone, increase energy and contribute to an overall feeling of health.
The recipe for the colon cleansing lemon water fast is easy, but it does take personal resolve to stick with it. If you stick with it the results will prove to be worth while.
Things You'll Need
- Fresh lemons (preferably organic)
- Filtered water
- Maple syrup (preferably organic)
- Powdered cayenne pepper
Pour the juice of half of a lemon (approximately 2 tbsp) into a 10 oz glass of filtered water. Add 2 tbsp of maple syrup along with a pinch of cayenne pepper to the water and stir thoroughly.
Drink the lemon mixture in one sitting if possible. It's not necessary to chug it down, but don't sip the mixture over a period of hours.
Repeat the process throughout the day until you have consumed at least 60 oz of lemon water. Try to evenly distribute the lemon water glasses throughout the day. Since the lemon mixture is the only source of nutrition, space it out over several hours. Additionally, spacing it out allows each dose to work its magic in cleaning your colon.
Slowly reintroduce foods when the fast is over. Whether you used the lemon cleanse for 3 days or 30 days, you must take your time to reintroduce foods. The first day after completing the cleanse add juice to your diet.
Introduce salads and vegetables on day two after the lemon cleanse. Allow your system to slowly adjust to the transition from all liquids to solids. Introducing too much too quickly can cause stomach pain and discomfort.
Tips & Warnings
- The lemon fast can safely be performed for as few as 1 or 2 days to as many as 30 days. If this is the first time you are cleaning your colon using the lemon fast, don't feel the need to fast for 30 days. You might want to start out with a one or two day fast and eventually work your way up to 30 days.
- If you are new to fasting, it is strongly recommended that you begin your fast on a weekend or on days when you do not have work, school or social obligations.
- Although the lemon cleanse is touted to be a safe natural way to clean your colon and lose weight, it is strongly recommended that you visit your doctor before starting. This is especially important if have a health condition that might be affected by a severe dietary change.
- Photo Credit www.sxc.hu
How to Safely Do a One Day Lemon Cleansing Diet
Do you need a detox reset, but want to eat real food, too? Our affordable, nourishing lemon cleanse will have you glowing!
How to Fast with Warm Lemon Water
The lemon water fast is also known as the master cleanse. There have been claims that the lemon water fast can reduce...
Lemon Detox Cleanse
Made popular primarily by celebrity Beyonce Knowles, the lemon detox cleanse diet is one of the latest fad diets to gain in...
Lemonade Colon Cleanse Recipe
Lemon is a popular ingredient in colon cleanse recipes. Lemons contain potassium, phosphorus, folate, vitamin A and calcium as well as the...
Lemon Honey & Cayenne Colon Cleanse
The lemon, honey and cayenne colon cleanse is a variation of the Master Cleanse Diet. The Master Cleanse Diet was created by...
Salt Water Colon Cleanse Recipe
The benefits of saltwater colon cleansing have become more widely accepted and appreciated, along with general body detoxing. It is an easy...