Mouthwatering Oreo cookie truffles are decadent, but only contain three ingredients - Oreo cookies (or other chocolate sandwich cookie brand), cream cheese and melted chocolate. Remarkably, they taste extremely complex and rich. Oreo truffles are great for a holiday gathering or party, and guests will likely be impressed by your homemade candies. They are also ideal for gift-giving. Of course, you can always make a batch for yourself just to satisfy your chocolate cravings.
Things You'll Need
- 1-8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1-18 oz. package Oreo cookies or similar chocolate sandwich cookie, finely crushed
- 1 lb. baking chocolate, white or semi-sweet, melted
- Waxed paper
- Baking sheet
Add softened cream cheese and finely crushed Oreo cookies to a large mixing bowl.
Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until blended thoroughly.
Shape the mixture into 1-inch balls, then dip them in melted chocolate.
Place on a baking sheet covered with waxed paper. About 50 truffles should be produced.
Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until firm.
Story any uneaten truffles in the refrigerator in a sealed container.
Tips & Warnings
- Make Oreo truffles more visually appealing by drizzling them with chocolate of the opposite color. For example, if you have dipped the truffles in white chocolate, drizzle the tops with melted semisweet chocolate.
- Photo Credit Jupiterimages/Comstock/Getty Images
What is a Truffle?
It pays to know your truffles. While shaving chocolate truffles onto an expensive luxury dish might have an unexpectedly positive effect, when...
How to Make Your Own Chocolate Truffles
Making truffles at home is not only easy, but the flavor combinations are endless, so go ahead and get creative.
How to Make Truffles Dipped in White Chocolate
Chocolate truffles are chocolate mixed with cream and butter and formed into a rough sphere. They were traditionally dusted in cocoa powder....