Make confetti eggs, also known as cascarones, for your next party and you'll have all your guests cracking up.
Things You'll Need
- Curling Ribbons
- Hobby Paintbrushes
- White Glues
- Candy Corn
- Mini Jelly Beans
- Small Easter Candies
- Egg Cartons
- Plastic Containers
Hollow out an egg. See Related eHows for directions.
Enlarge the hole on one end of the egg by carefully breaking the shell away with your fingernail. The opening should be about the size of a dime.
Fill the hollow eggshell with confetti.
Pour white glue into a small plastic container.
Thin the glue slightly with water to a consistency that spreads easily with a paintbrush.
Cut or tear colored tissue paper into 1/2-inch to 1-inch squares.
Brush the thinned glue over the surface of the egg.
Press one tissue paper square over the hole at the end of the egg so that the confetti doesn't fall out.
Press tissue paper squares into the glue, covering the surface of the egg.
Allow the glue to dry.
Break the eggs over your party guests' heads. Olé!
Tips & Warnings
- Make Easter cascarones by filling the eggs with mini jelly beans or small Easter candies.
- You can fill these eggs with all kinds of treats for special occasions - colored bead necklaces for Mardi Gras, fortunes for the new year, candy corn for Halloween.
- Make fancy confetti eggs by gluing glitter, bits of curling ribbon, or sequins to the outside of the eggshell.
- Save your empty egg cartons for storing confetti eggs.
- Unless you have a powerful vacuum cleaner, it is best to break cascarones outside.
The Story of Cascarones
Similar to the tradition of dying eggs at Easter, cascarones, also known as confetti eggs, are believed to bring good fortune or...
How to Make Confetti-Filled Balloons
Spruce up your next party or get together festive confetti filled balloons filled with homemade confetti!
Ideas for Filling Plastic Easter Eggs
Plastic Easter eggs work better for hunts. They don't begin to rot if they aren't found that day and they can be...
Homemade Confetti Drop
You can drop confetti on a waiting crowd through a variety of homemade methods. From a simple overturned net that dumps large...