How to Change the Status of a Non-Resident Investment Account

Next Video:
Define the Concept of Online Trading....5

Change the status of a non-resident investment account by filling out the appropriate paperwork and providing documentation of changes in residency from the government. Bring documentation to the brokerage firm or bank that takes care of the investing with tips from an investment portfolio manager in this free video on investing.

Part of the Video Series: Investing & Retirement Funds
Promoted By Zergnet


Video Transcript

Ok so how to change the status of non-resident account. You may have an account with a brokerage house where you are actually not a resident of United States at that time you opened it. You can change that as soon as you fill out the correct I90 information and go through that whole situation. Even if you are still not a U.S. citizen you are a resident alien at that point and that will give you a residence status on your account. It's something that all you need to do is present that documentation to the brokerage or the institution where you have your account and they will be able to change that over immediately for you. And they just need the required information that you would be getting back from the U.S. government just stating that you are now a permanent residence or a citizen if you've gone to that level.


Related Searches

Is DIY in your DNA? Become part of our maker community.
Submit Your Work!