How to Locate an Active-Duty Military Member

Next Video:
About the Divorce Rights of Military Spouses....5

Locate an active-duty military member by going to and doing a name search, or by contacting the branch Personnel Records Department. Gather information on the military member, such as name, rank and social security number, to find someone with advice from a private in the military in this free video on military service.

Part of the Video Series: Military Service Information
Promoted By Zergnet


Video Transcript

How to locate an Active Duty Military Member? This can be as simple as going to and clicking Buddy Finder. You can use the White Pages or do an Internet search. Red Cross maintains records. But please only go this route, in case of an emergency. The branches of our military serve independently. But you can speak to the branch of an armed force or the members serving. If you know their full name, rank, sex, Social Security number. Last known address and the date they entered service. Pretty crazy, huh? Your likelihood of finding them will be increased greatly. The person who can help you with this is generally working in the Personnel Records Department of the branch. There are of course, limitations on what information you can get. Especially if you don't have an obvious relationship to the member. If you're their mother, you're much more likely to get some information. Than if you are their long lost friend from high school. There are loads of resources on-line. So if you don't find them in one place. Move on to the next. You'll find them soon enough.


Related Searches

Is DIY in your DNA? Become part of our maker community.
Submit Your Work!