Types of Liquor Licenses

Next Video:
How Much is a Liquor License?....5

The types of liquor licenses include a by-the-drink license for restaurants, bars and nightclubs, a package license for grocery and liquor stores, a manufacturer license for the makers, and a wholesaler license for those selling wholesale liquor. Get the right type of liquor license for a particular business with advice from a nightclub manager in this free video on starting a business.

Part of the Video Series: Bar & Restaurant Business
Promoted By Zergnet


Video Transcript

There's different types of liquor licenses. For example there is by the drink, there's package, manufacturer and wholesaler. What I mean by the by the drink license it's like your restaurants, your bars or your night clubs. They; like the bottle beers, the can beers, the mixed drinks, all that's sold by the drink. When it comes to the packaged it's the actual bottle itself. So you're looking at your package stores or grocery stores, liquor stores, convenient stores. Then there's the manufacturers license that's the actual person who manufactures the product that you're selling. And then there's the wholesale license, the person who sales the alcohol that was manufactured. So if you're planning on going into the bar business you're need to require the by the drink license. If you're going to manage or own a liquor store you're going to want to get the package license. Or there's the wholesaler license and that is the person that distributes the beer to the restaurants, bar, night clubs or convenient stores, grocery stores. That sort of thing.


Related Searches

Is DIY in your DNA? Become part of our maker community.
Submit Your Work!