How Do I Change My College to Alumni on Facebook?

Identifying your status as an "Alumni" of a certain school showed your Facebook friends what college you graduated from. Facebook has since changed its layout and removed the option to switch your education status to "Alumni." However, you can still indicate the year you graduated, which effectively expresses your alumni status. Unlike in the past, when you had to change your alumni status via the Networks page, you can now edit your education information simply by editing your profile.


    • 1

      Navigate to your Facebook page. Click the "Edit Profile" button at the top right of the page. Click "Education and Work" on the left side of the page, next to the briefcase icon.

    • 2

      Click "Edit" next to the college or university you graduated from. Click the drop-down menu next to "Class Year" and select the year you graduated.

    • 3

      Click the blue "Save Changes" button. Click "View My Profile" at the top right of the screen. You should see your school appear under "Education" in the "Info" section of your profile, with "Class of XXXX," where "XXXX" is the year. Depending on your privacy settings, you may also see "Studied at XXX University" at the top of your profile page.

Related Searches


Related Ads

Check It Out

Prep for Black Friday Checklist [Infographic]