Adding an ICS calendar to your iOS device -- such as an iPad or iPhone -- is not done through the Calendar app. The settings to subscribe to ICS calendars are actually located in the Mail, Contacts, Calendars section of your device’s Settings menu. You need the ICS calendar’s full URL -- which is an ICS file -- to add it to the Calendar app. After you subscribe to the calendar, it appears under “Subscribed” in the Calendars section of the Calendar app.
Tap the "Settings" app on your iOS device's Home screen.
Select "Mail, Contacts, Calendars," then tap "Add Account" in the Accounts section.
Tap "Other," then tap "Add Subscribed Calendar."
Enter the ICS calendar's address in the "Server" field.
Tap "Next," then enter a name for the calendar in the Description field.
Tap "Save" to add the calendar to the Calendar app.
Tips & Warnings
- To change the name and color of the ICS calendar, open the Calendar app, and then tap "Calendars." Tap "Edit," then tap the ICS calendar. Select the new color, edit the name, and then tap "Done." Tap "Done" to save the changes, and then tap "Done" again to return to the Calendar.
- It is also possible to subscribe to an ICS calendar on your iOS device by tapping a link to the calendar on a Web page, in a text message or an email.
- Most major online calendar services -- such as Outlook.com Calendar and Yahoo Calendar -- have the option to export a calendar in the ICS format.
- To stop viewing the ICS calendar, open the Calendar app, and then tap "Calendars." Tap the check mark next to the ICS calendar, then tap "Done."
- To delete a subscribed calendar, tap "Settings," and then "Mail, Contact, Calendars." Tap "Subscribed Calendars" in the Accounts section, then select the subscribed calendar. Tap "Delete Account," then tap "Delete Account" again to confirm your choice.
- Information in this article applies to an iOS device running iOS 7.1. Instructions may vary slightly or significantly with other versions and products.
- Photo Credit Tristan Fewings/Getty Images Entertainment/Getty Images
How to Import an ICS to an iPhone
When you need to manage your schedule on your iPhone, you can set up calendar entries in the Apple’s native Calendar app,...
Why Are .Ics Files Not Clickable on Iphone?
The ICS file format is assigned to iCalendar events. When you receive an event file via email from another person, you can...
How to Add Photos to an iPhone
The iPhone has become increasingly popular among cell phones and gadgets. It is reliable, easy to use and has features other cell...
How to Add or Remove iPhone Calendars
How to Add or Remove iPhone Calendars. The iPhone has the ability to sync with several ... 40gmail.com/public/basic.ics." 7. ... Add a...
How to Share iPhone Calendars
How to Share iPhone Calendars. First released in 2007, millions of people around the world use the Apple iPhone. ... How to...
How to Import an iCal Calendar to an iPhone
Apple makes it easy for you to stay organized and keep your data up-to-date across multiple computers and devices. ICal comes standard...
How to Export an iPhone Calendar
How to Export an iPhone Calendar. Your iPhone features a built-in Calendar application that allows you to create, ... How to Import...
How to Sync an IPhone with Calendar on a Mac
When you use the calendar app on your iPhone, you might want to sync your schedule with the iCal calendar application on...
How to Convert an Outlook Calendar to ICS
The Outlook application provides an integrated interface to access email, address books, task lists and calendars. Users can organize communications and activities...
How to Sync iCal to an iPhone
How to Sync .ics Files on an iPhone. The iCal application, which is included with all new Apple computers running the Mac...
Microsoft File Extension ICS
Reconfiguring ICS---Internet connection sharing---in Windows XP for your network is necessary if the operating system has ... How to Add an ICS...