Facebook lets you use text art and smileys made from keyboard symbols. In chat, some of these convert automatically to small graphics; there is no owl graphic but you can make your own from a combination of characters and punctuation marks. You can use small owl emoticons in your Facebook status updates and chat sessions. For larger text fields such as your Facebook profile or notes, you can find larger and more elaborate pieces of text art depicting owls. Copy and paste these to post them on Facebook.
Log into Facebook with your email and password.
Left-click inside the text field where you want to place your owl. Start a chat session with a friend if you wish to use owl smileys in chat.
Type (o.o) for a baby owl emoticon. Type <( @.@ )> for a larger owl. Type <( @v@ )> or <(0v0)> for an owl with a beak.
Open an ASCII/text art library with pictures of owls, such as ascii-art.de/ascii/mno/owl.txt.
Select and copy the image that you want to use, making sure not to miss any lines or characters.
Paste the owl art into your Facebook status update, or into a note. If the image doesn't display properly, try replacing every space on the left side with a small character such as a period or underscore.
Tips & Warnings
- You can only use black and white text art on Facebook.
- Although there's no owl graphic on Facebook chat, there is a penguin. You can make him appear by typing <(").
- Don't overuse text art, smileys and emoticons, as they can become irritating.
- Never use text art, smileys and emoticons in serious letters, emails or academic work.
- Some Facebook apps give you extra smileys to use on your page. Be careful when installing these, as they can potentially affect the security of your Facebook account or computer.
- Photo Credit Justin Sullivan/Getty Images News/Getty Images
How to Insert ASCII Code Into Facebook Text
American Standard Code for Information Interchange (or ASCII) code is a widely accepted coding standard for documents and programs. Letters, numbers and...
How to Make a Waving Smiley
Emoticons provide a simple way to convey emotions and expressions with a few keystrokes. You can create sad faces, smiley faces, roses...
How to Make Paper Owls
Owls are growing in popularity. You can find them on everything from purses to wall decor. You can even make them out...
How to Make an Animal by Typing Characters on Your Keyboard
Making designs, animal shapes and pictures with characters on the keyboard is known as ASCII art. The American Standard Code for Information...
How to Create Emoticons and Smileys in Facebook Chat?
Emoticons and smileys are pictures that you can add to an instant message using a simple combination of symbols found on the...