Your laptop is more than a computer; it can also function as a study room or an office when you're on the go. Protecting your laptop's LCD screen is just as important as securing your important files and folders. You can do more harm than good, however, cleaning an LCD screen if you don't attend to it the right way. Use the appropriate chemicals and the correct kind of cloth to keep your laptop screen in excellent condition for years to come.
Things You'll Need
- 50/50 mix of water and isopropyl alcohol
- Soft microfiber or other type of cloth
Turn your laptop off and unplug it.
Wipe the laptop screen with a dry, soft cloth. Use a microfiber cloth, if available.
Dab one end of the cloth in a solution composed of 50 percent water and 50 percent isopropyl alcohol.
Wipe the screen again, paying special attention to any noticeable marks.
Wipe the screen a third time with the dry end of the cloth to remove any excess solution. Do not allow the solution to dry on the screen since it's likely to leave smudges and marks.
Tips & Warnings
- While a microfiber cloth is ideal, you can substitute a glass-cleaning cloth or any type of cloth not coarse to the touch.
- Never use paper towels or abrasive materials to clean your laptop screen. These materials can scratch your screen.
- Photo Credit Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images
How to Remove On-Screen Keyboard From Desktop
On-Screen Keyboard is a Windows feature that can be used to help individuals type who have impaired mobility or limited typing skills....
How to Remove Bezel From a Laptop Screen
All laptop LCD screens need to be repaired and maintained from time to time. This usually requires partial or complete disassembly to...
How to Cut Screen Glare on a Laptop
Laptops are known for being small, compact, and able to go where the typical desktop computer cannot. However, laptops do have a...