Pokemon have the ability to learn three types of moves, level-up moves, Hidden Machine or HM moves, and Technical Machine or TM moves. Pokemon learn level-up moves automatically through experience. HMs and TMs require you to teach the move to your Pokemon. Which move a Pokemon can learn depends on its species. You can replace any level-up or TM move with a new move by telling the Pokemon to forget the other move. HM moves, however, require a visit to a special Move Deleter to forget. The location of this person varies by game version.
Travel to Canalave City if you are playing "Pokemon Diamond," "Pokemon Pearl" or "Pokemon Platinum," and visit the first house south of the Pokemon Center.
Travel to Blackthorn City if you are playing "Pokemon HeartGold" or "Pokemon SoulSilver," and visit the house west of the PokeMart.
Travel to Mistralton City if you are playing "Pokemon Black" or "Pokemon White," and visit the house east of the Pokemon Center.
Press the "A" button to speak to the man inside the house. He'll offer to delete any move your Pokemon knows, including HM moves.
Press "Yes" to accept his offer, then select the Pokemon with the move to delete and the specific move you want forgotten.
- Serebii: Pokemon Black and White TMs and HMs
- Psypokes: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Move Tutors
- "The Official Pokémon Guide: Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Version"; Scott Pelland, editor-in-chief; 2007
- "The Official Pokémon Guide: Pokémon Platinum Version"; Lawrence Neves, editor-in-chief; 2009
- "The Official Pokemon Prima Johto Guide and Johto Pokedex - Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver Versions"; Michael G. Ryan et al, editors-in-chief; 2010
- "Pokemon Black Version & Pokemon White Version Volume 1: The Official Pokemon Strategy Guide"; Michael G. Ryan, editor-in-chief; 2011
How to Get the TM Ice Beam in "Pokemon HeartGold"
Prepare your Pokemon for a lengthy journey if you want to ... How to Get TM Flamethrower in "Pokemon Gold Version" ......
How to Forget HM in "Pokemon: Yellow"
Make sure to note which of the four slots the HM move is set. 2. Save your game and turn the system...