Adobe's Flash Player places a world of streaming video, music, games and powerful Web applications inside your browser. This versatile multimedia player is free along with all upgrades that Adobe releases. The company recommends upgrading your Flash player as it releases newer versions. This insures that your browser has the most recent security updates. If you do not know which version you have, you can find out quickly and upgrade your player if you desire.
Launch your Web browser.
Navigate to adobe.com/software/flash/about.
Locate the box that reads Version Information. This box displays your current Flash Player version.
Tips & Warnings
- Internet Explorer uses a Flash Player that differs from those found in other major browsers. If you surf the Web with multiple browsers, the Flash Player version you see in IE may differ from the version in Firefox, Safari or other browsers.
- The table at the bottom of the Flash Player Web page displays Adobe's latest version of the player. If your version does not match that version, consider upgrading to the newer one.
- "Adobe Flash CS4: Illustrated"; Barbara M. Waxer; 2009
- Adobe: Find Flash Player Version
- Photo Credit Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images