Save your vacation footage or family memories from the VHS graveyard. VHS tapes degrade over time. With a digital video stabilizer, you can preserve those memories to DVD. Digital video stabilizers improve the video signal between devices, giving you a crisper, clearer image.
Things You'll Need
- Digital video stabilizer
- 2 composite video cables (also called AV connectors or RCA cables)
- VCR/DVD recorder
- VCR or other player source (camcorder or DVD player)
Check that your VCR/DVD recorder has an "Input" label on the back panel or under a flip-down panel on the front. Not all combo players have the necessary input to attach composite video plugs. If your combo player doesn't have this input, you will not be able to attach a digital video stabilizer.
Connect one end of the yellow plug of one of the cables to the "Out" port on the digital video stabilizer.
Connect the yellow plug on the other end to the "Video In" port on the VCR/DVD recorder.
Connect one end of the yellow plug on the second cable to the "In" port on the digital video stabilizer.
Connect the other yellow plug to the "Video Out" port on the VCR (your playing source).
Tips & Warnings
- Connect the digital video stabilizer between your VCR or DVD player and the recording DVD/VCR recorder.
- Copy only DVDs and VHS tapes whose content you own. A digital video stabilizer removes copy protection from professional VHS tapes and DVDs. Creating copies of professional DVDs or VHS tapes violates copyright law per United States Code Section 1201(a)(1) title 17.
- Photo Credit panel de conexiones image by JMFontecha from Fotolia.com jack audio-video image by Andrea Riva from Fotolia.com
How to Override VHS Copy Protection
One of the best things about VCRs is the way they make recording television programs and other media easy. All you have...
Digital Camera Image Stabilizer
The image stabilizer of a digital camera will eliminate blurring. Learn about image stabilization with tips from a camera enthusiast in this...
How to Record from Foxtel IQ to a DVD Recorder
Foxtel IQ is a DVR satellite receiver. The convenience of DVRs (Digital Video Recorders) is that they allow you to quickly and...