A bow vise is said to be a necessary tool to help maintain an archery bow. It is basically a tool that is designed to hold the bow in place while it is being tuned and maintained. Common bow vises usually mount to a table top surface. A bow vise is relatively easy to make and mount. The goal is to keep your bow stable while it is being tuned for the next archery match.
Things You'll Need
- Square steel metal tube, 1 inch diameter 16 inches long
- Round steel metal pipe, 1/2 inch diameter 20 inches long
- Flat stock 4x4 square
- 5/16 24 T-handle
- Screw gun
- Screws, 2-inch
- Kitchen table
Screw down the square piece of flat stock at the edge of the table.
Place the 16-inch square metal tube onto the flat stock so that it is hanging half way off the table.
Weld the metal tube onto the flat stock in this position.
Slide the 20-inch round metal pipe into the square tube it sticks out from the edge of the square tube.
Mount the T-handle on the top of the square tube and weld here.
Let the bow vise cool overnight before mounting bow.
Tips & Warnings
- The T-handle could be made from a few metal pieces, but it is just as easy to buy the handle ready made.
- Log in to archerytalk.com, given in the references below, to see pictures of a bow vise.
- Wear proper face and eye protection when welding.
- Photo Credit Men bow shooting. Amateur competition in the sanatorium image by Igor Zhorov from Fotolia.com
How to Tie a Bow Tie
Whether you wear it with a casual button-up or the fanciest of tuxedos, the bow tie has a certain charm that a...
How to Make Hair Bows
Make the perfect inexpensive gift or hair accessory. Create retro style hair bows with ribbon or trim in this easy how-to.
How to Make a Fabric Bow
Most craft bows are made from ribbon; however, you can also make them from fabric for a more high-end look. Fabric bows...
How to Make a Bench Vise
A vise is a tool used for holding or clamping items together to bond or work on with other tools. Vises usually...
How to Mount a Bench Vise
A personal workshop provides an area for you to fix and build anything you think you can. A crucial tool in a...
How to Build Your Own Gun Vise
Many modifications to guns can be made without the services of a gunsmith. In most cases, a gun vise is essential since...