Carnauba wax is a fantastic way to protect the longevity of your car's paint job, as it is one of the hardest waxes found in nature, thereby creating a hard barrier to keep your car's paint safe. If you don't want to buy commercially available prepared wax concoctions, it is possible to create your own carnauba wax-based car wax at home.
Things You'll Need
- 4 tbsp pure carnauba wax
- 1 cup linseed oil
- 2 tbsp. pure beeswax
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- Double boiler
- Heat-resistant container
Place all ingredients into the top section of a double boiler on low to medium heat.
Heat slowly until the wax has melted, stirring occasionally until uniformly smooth.
Pour slowly and carefully into a heat-resistant container and allow to cool.
Tips & Warnings
- Choose a container that is wide and shallow to allow ease of use when using a cloth to extract some car wax.
- To polish to a bright shine after waxing, use a rag dipped in white vinegar and rub vigorously.
- Pure carnauba wax can be found at your local auto supply store.
- Be certain your container is heat-resistant to avoid shattering and splattering hot wax.
- Photo Credit Beading on Red Car image by emiria331 from Fotolia.com
How to Make Natural Car Wax
If you take pride in your car, preferring to detail it yourself, and keep it exquisitely clean, why not add a personal...
How to Make Car Wash Signs
Car wash signs are a great way to attract attention to the car wash. The right car wash sign can bring in...
How Do You Mix Beeswax & Carnauba Wax?
Waxes have many uses such as lubricating machinery and preventing rust. Carnauba wax is hard and needs to be mixed with another...
How To Make Carnauba Wax
Carnauba wax is often regarded as the highest-quality coating wax. It is used in a wide variety of applications, including automotive waxes...
How to Use Hard Carnauba Wax on Bare Wood
Carnauba wax is produced from the Brazilian wax palm tree and is commonly used by woodworkers as a finish for cabinets and...
Where to Buy Tend Skin Solution
If you suffer from razor burn, skin irritation, razor bumps and ingrown hair after shaving or waxing, Tend Skin solution is a...