The Simpsons Game was released on November 1, 2007 for PS2, PS3, PSP, Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii and Xbox 360. This game was never released for the PC, but if you own the game for PS2 or DS, you can still play it using emulation software. The software that can run The Simpsons Game is No$GBA, a DS emulator, or ePSXe, a PS1/PS2 emulator. The PS2 version of The Simpsons Game has better graphics and requires a more powerful computer than the DS version.
Things You'll Need
- ePSXe or No$GBA
- The Simpsons PS2 disc or DS ROM file
- PS2 BIOS file
Using The DS Emulator
Download No$GBA. This is an executable program, so you don't have to install it.
Load The Simpsons Game DS ROM file. The game will start in the No$GBA emulator.
Using the PS2 Emulator
Download ePSXe. This comes as a zipped folder. Extract it using WinRAR onto your desktop.
Run ePSXe. The program will prompt you to select a BIOS file. You can specify the BIOS file for your region by selecting "config" then "bios" from the top menu bar. The BIOS files are named scph10000.bin and scph39001.bin and can be downloaded from emulation sites. A BIOS file is needed to make the PS2 games think they are running on a real PS2.
Insert The Simpsons Game PS2 disc in your computer's disc drive.
Select "File" then "Run CD-ROM" to start the game.
Tips & Warnings
- You will need to change the key bindings for both emulators, so they play exactly like they do on the consoles.
- There are different video and graphic plug-ins available for ePSXe that may help your game run more smoothly.
- It's illegal to possess or play ISO or ROM files if you don't own the original game.
- It may be difficult to find a BIOS file. Avoid sites with lots of ads and pop-ups.
- Photo Credit blue computer gaming pad image by Warren Millar from Fotolia.com
How to Play PS2 Games on the PC
One of the biggest complaints about the PlayStation 3 is that newer models are incapable of playing PlayStation 2 titles. While you...
Nintendo DS Emulation System Requirements
Video game emulation is the process of emulating the operation of a certain game system on another type of system. A program...
PS2 Emulator PC Requirements
Emulators are software programs that mimic the software in another system, typically gaming consoles. This software allows users to play console games...