It's possible to lose weight in two weeks -- cutting bloat, fat and water weight -- without using a juice fast or starvation diet. The key to this weight-loss regimen is to stick to a small group of foods -- all lean proteins, healthy fats and whole grains.
If you want maximum weight-loss, you have to be able to commit to eating a rather boring and routine diet. The trick is to stay strict to avoid cheating and temptation. The low-sodium diet helps banish water weight and bloat. The lean protein revs up the metabolism, allowing for maximum calorie burn. Short bursts of cardio fuel the calorie burn without taxing the body too much.
For more weight loss tips such as 10 Best Foods to Eat to Lose Weight, How to Lose Belly Fat, How to Burn Fat Without Exercise and 6 Bedtime Snacks That Help You Burn Fat, scroll through to the end of this article.
Things You'll Need
- Whole-grain cereal
- Almond milk
- Natural yogurt, flavored or plain
- Mixed berries -- fresh or frozen blueberries, strawberries, raspberries
- Bagged spinach
- Lean low-sodium meat -- chicken, flank steak, turkey, salmon
- Mixed veggies -- romaine lettuce, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, celery, carrot sticks
- Sugar-free gelatin
- Almonds, raw, unsalted
- Lemon, fresh or bottled
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Green tea
- Jump rope
- Supportive running shoes
- Workout DVD (optional)
Eat either 1 cup of whole-grain cereal with almond milk, 1 cup of yogurt flavored with honey and mixed berries, or an egg-white omelet cooked with chopped spinach and tomato for breakfast.
Consume a low-calorie, high-energy lunch of either 4 oz. of grilled chicken breast with 1 cup of chopped cucumbers and tomatoes, two hard-boiled eggs with celery and carrot sticks, or 4 oz. of lean turkey with carrots and cherry tomatoes.
Eat a balanced dinner, choosing one of the following options: 5 to 8 oz. of grilled flank steak with chopped salad, 6 oz. of grilled chicken with 1 cup of steamed spinach, or 5 oz. of grilled or baked salmon with 1 cup of steamed spinach.
Try this flavorful and easy-to-make baked salmon recipe.
Eat two snacks each day. Snacks can include 1 cup of mixed berries, a 5-oz. serving of sugar-free gelatin, 20 almonds, or 1 cup of avocado sliced and served with lemon and a small pinch of salt.
Warm up your body for exercise. Lightly jog in place for one minute. Complete one minute of shoulder circles by swiftly rotating your shoulders in a counterclockwise motion.
Jump rope for five to 10 minutes twice a day.
Run on a treadmill or running path for 20 minutes or complete 20 minutes of a high-intensity workout DVD. Your target heart rate should be above 150 beats per minute.
Cool down with light stretching to help relax muscles and stop buildup of lactic acid in your legs.
For more weight loss and wellness ideas and inspiration, check out these articles:
Tips & Warnings
- Do not consume any alcohol or calorie-laden beverages.
- Do not do more than 20 minutes of cardio a day, as the calorie consumption is not enough to maintain extended exercise.
- Consult a doctor if you have any existing health problems before starting this or any diet. Do not continue this short-term weight loss program for more than 14 days.
- This type of diet and exercise program is designed for the short term; regular diet and exercise is advised after the two week period.