Glitter can be used to add a little sparkle to your craft projects or a little pizazz to your favorite items. Children often use glitter to decorate homemade cards or to label Christmas stockings, but glitter actually can be applied to a multitude of surfaces. Metal objects, such as Christmas ornaments or bicycles, also can be coated with glitter. Applying glitter takes only a few minutes and can transform plain metal into a sparkling wonder.
Things You'll Need
- Spray adhesive or liquid craft glue
Tape any stencils, you plan on using, to your metal object. For example, you may have a Christmas stocking stencil for use on the front of a Christmas ornament, or you may have a stencil that reads "Princess," which you want to attach to the side of your bicycle.
Spray adhesive over the stencil, if you are working on a large metal object. Smaller metal objects will require that you apply craft glue with a paint brush.
Sprinkle your glitter over the stencil. You can use one color or a multitude of colors.
Remove the stencil, and wait for the glue and glitter to dry.
Brush over the area, lightly, using a clean dry paintbrush to remove any loose glitter.
Tips & Warnings
- Consider using a sealant on the metal to keep the glitter in place for a longer period of time.
- Use brush-on glitter, if you want your ornament to have a snowy appearance.
- Apply the glitter outside or over a few sheets of newspaper, as some of it is bound to end up on the ground around your metal object.
- Photo Credit christmas ornament image by Horticulture from Fotolia.com
- How to Get Glitter Off a Shirt
How to Seal in Glitter
Seal in glitter used on craft projects to prevent the glitter from falling or rubbing off of the project. By sealing in...
How Can I Glitter My Filler Flowers?
Floral arrangements are sent for many occasions: birthdays, anniversaries and congratulation gifts are only a few. Typical arrangements include one or two...
Body Glitter Recipes for Kids
Spending time with children is probably the most important thing a parent can do. By crafting together a family can make not...