Much like cellphones, a number of LED TVs are being manufactured with built-in apps such as Netflix and Pandora. Although all these TVs can be hard-wired to your modem or router using an Ethernet cable, it is possible to link them to a Wi-Fi network using a USB dongle (sold separately). In order to take advantage of your Samsung LED TV's Wi-Fi capabilities, you must use a Samsung brand wireless dongle, as other brands are incompatible with Samsung TVs.
Things You'll Need
- Samsung brand wireless LAN adapter
Plug the Samsung USB wireless LAN adapter into any of the USB ports on the back of your Samsung LED TV.
Switch on the TV and press the "Menu" button on the remote control.
Select the "Settings" or "Setup" option.
Select "Wireless Network Setup" and select "Internet Protocol Setup" from the list of options.
Select the "Auto Setup" option.
Tips & Warnings
- Your Samsung LED TV may prompt you to select an access point and enter a password to access the network. Talk to the person who set up your home Wi-Fi network to get the network name and password.
- Not all Samsung LED TVs are Internet connectible.
- Although Wi-Fi setup is generally the same for all Samsung TVs, there may be slight variations in the menus of different models.
- Photo Credit Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images
How to Install Drivers in Windows XP
Windows XP dominated the personal computer market for almost a decade. But on July 11, 2011, Microsoft announced that it would cease...
How to Configure a WiFi Dongle to a Router
For computers that don't have a wireless card or integrated WiFi, an external dongle is the easiest way to add wireless functionality...
How to Hook Up a Samsung LCD TV to a Wireless Network
Attaching your Samsung LCD television to your home network will allow you to use your "big screen" to surf the internet, play...
How to Use Wireless Dongle
A computer without a wireless modem can still receive a wireless Internet connection with the help of a dongle. Wireless dongles are...
How to Sync Bluetooth Dial-Up Networking With a Samsung
Your Samsung phone may include mobile Web when you receive it. However, when you synchronize your phone to your computer, you can...