Homemade brown sugar and olive oil scrubs are beneficial to your skin because they help to gently exfoliate the surface layer of dead skin cells. They also remove dirt and excess oil. This leaves your skin clean, rejuvenated and moist without clogging your pores. You can use a homemade brown sugar and olive oil scrub on your face, but they are also good for areas of your body that are dry like your knees, elbows and feet.
Things You'll Need
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
Measure 1/4 cup of olive oil and 1/2 cup brown sugar.
Pour both the olive oil and the brown sugar into a small mixing bowl.
Blend olive oil and brown sugar together. Mix with a spoon or clean hands until the two ingredients are well-blended.
Apply the scrub in the shower. Massage onto your skin in a circular motion.
Allow the scrub to sit on your skin for one minute. Rinse off with warm water.
Tips & Warnings
- Add 1 tsp. of vitamin E oil to the scrub for its skin healing properties.
- Do not use a brown sugar scrub on blemished or broken skin because irritation may occur.
- Modern Hippie Mag: Homemade Brown Sugar & Olive Oil Facial Scrub
- "Confidence Is Queen: The Four Keys to Ultimate Beauty Through Positive Thinking"; Susie Castillo; 2008
- Photo Credit Matthew Wakem/Digital Vision/Getty Images
How to Make Homemade Exfoliants
You can make exfoliats from kitchen ingredients that are effective enough to remove dead cells and dirt from your skin. Use these...
How to Make an Olive Oil Scrub
Olive oil has been used as natural skin care remedies by Italians for centuries. This natural exfoliant made of olive oil and...
DIY Hand Scrubs
Homemade hand scrubs are perfect for pampering on a budget. When hands are dry and need moisture and exfoliation, common household ingredients...
Sugar Water Diet
A spoonful of sugar may not only help the medicine go down, it may help you lose weight, claimed psychology professor Seth...