In the modern game of baseball it has become common for players to want their baseball pants to be big at the bottom, below the knee and near the ankle. In the past, baseball players were known for wearing their pants tight at the bottom so that they could pull them up to their knees and expose their socks. Players want to modify their pants in an effort to make them a little bit bigger near the bottom so that they can be more comfortable.
Things You'll Need
Turn your baseball pants inside out. Turning the pants inside out will expose the stitching around the bottom where the elastic is. In addition, turning the pants inside out will camouflage any mistakes that you make when working on the pants.
Cut away the stitching around where the elastic band is at the bottom of the pants. Once you have removed all of the stitches you should be able to remove the elastic from the bottom of the pants. Remove the elastic and any loose stitches that may remain from where you cut.
Turn the pants back from inside out. Grab the pants with both hands at the bottom and begin to pull in an effort to stretch them out. Pull tight and hold for 10 seconds. Keep pulling and holding until the pants become bigger near the bottom.
Tips & Warnings
- Push a basketball down through each pant leg towards the bottom as far as you can as an alternative method of stretching them out.
- Removing the elastic from the bottom of the pants will make them longer and could cause them to have to be readjusted.
How to Make the Waist Bigger on Jeans
Instead of getting rid of a pair of jeans that is to small in the waist, make them comfortable again by altering...
- How to Clean White Baseball Pants
- How to Hem & Install Elastic Into Baseball Pants
- How to Add Elastic to the Ends of Pants to Turn Them Into Knickers
How to Wear Baseball Pants
Baseball pants can either be worn up high, near the knee, or down low, around the ankle. How you wear your baseball...
- How to Hem Baseball Pants
How to Roll Up Baseball Pants
In order to roll up baseball pants, simply pull the socks or stirrups all the way up before raising the pants to...