Since he first appeared in DC comics in 1940, the Green Lantern has had many alter egos and many versions of his uniform. But each incarnation of the uniform seem to have a few things in common. The uniform is usually black with green accents. He usually wears white gloves, green boots and a small green mask. He always sports the green lantern symbol somewhere on the uniform and he always wears the ring. Because there have been so many different version of the uniform, you can take a few liberties with your costume.
Things You'll Need
- Tight black exercise pants
- Long sleeve black T-shirt
- Tight green tank top
- Panel of white felt
- Panel of green felt
- White glue
- Large round fake emerald ring
- Gold paint
- Small detail paint brush
- Old pair of boots
- Green Spray paint
- Long white gloves
- Green mask
Cut a circle of white felt 5 inches across. Cut a circle of green felt 3 inches across. Cut a circle 2 inches across out of the center of the green circle.
Glue the green circle in the center of the white circle. Cut two strips of green felt, 2 inches long and 1/2 an inch wide. Glue one at the top of the green circle and the other at the bottom. Allow the glue to dry. Glue to the front of the tank top.
Spray paint your boots green. Allow the paint to dry.
Paint the Green Lantern emblem on the large fake emerald ring using the gold paint and small brush.
Put the tank top on over the black pants and black shirt. Put on your boots, gloves, mask and ring.
Tips & Warnings
- Add a green Speedo over the pants or swap the tank top for a green leotard for the Hal Jordan uniform.
- Wear a green shirt, pants and gloves instead of black for the Kyle Rayner look.
- Leave off the tank top and gloves. Add a green felt collar and green felt cuffs to the black shirt for the John Stewart uniform.
- Swap the tank top for a green sleeveless jacket for the Guy Gardner look.
- If you have trouble finding a fake emerald ring, you can always make one yourself by super gluing a green acrylic stone to a cheap napkin ring. Acrylic stones are available at most craft supply stores.
- Photo Credit superhero image by Clarence Alford from Fotolia.com
How to Create a Lizard Costume Out of a Pillowcase
How to Create a Pillowcase Lizard Costume. This costume is for young children but can be modified for older children as well.
- How to Make a Green Goblin Costume
- Homemade Ben 10 Costume