The Line 6 pod x3 is a live guitar multi-effects pedal. It is used by musicians to alter the sound and "voice" of their electric or bass guitar. Once routed through the amplifier, the pod is a complex synthesizer and can often need to be reset to restore the original tone of the instrument. Unlike most guitar pedals, the Line 6 pod x3 has a computerized brain on board for real-time shifting of live sound, thus making it more advanced than your average tone modifier.
Things You'll Need
- Line 6 pod x3 owners manual
- Internet connection
- USB cable
Reset your factory settings on the pod by holding the "home" button for several seconds. This will bring up a display menu. Select "reset user presets". You will need to save this by pressing the save feature in the following menu and holding it for several seconds. This is the most common fix to any pod malfunction.
Download a more current operating system for the pod by going to the Line 6 website (See Resources). From there, select the individual model type which will be found in your user manual. After downloading the most current software, you can upload it to the pod by selecting the "Update Software" function on the main screen, and plugging your pod into your computer using your USB cable. This will fix most software issues.
Unplug the pod from the power source for 20 seconds, including any connection to the computer or to any other guitar pedal. Plug the pedal back in and set all of the knobs back to the "home" position. This will generally fix most if not all of your tone problems.
Tips & Warnings
- Make sure you are using the correct power source for the pod, or guitar pedal board.
- Check settings on both the guitar tone knobs, and on the amplifier before changing settings to the Pod.
- Check with your user manual to determine the minimum requirements for a computer to update the software of your pod before attempting to do so.
- Write down all the settings programmed into the pod's on-board computer before factory resetting, as this will lose all saved information.
- Do not open up the casing to the pod. This will cause the warranty to be invalid.
- Photo Credit electric guitar image by Blue Moon from Fotolia.com usb cable image by David Ng from Fotolia.com
How to Troubleshoot a Line 6 Spider Amplifier
The Line 6 Spider guitar amplifier series was the best selling amp in 2008. Well known in the music industry as the...
How to Calibrate a PODxt Live Line 6
Line 6's "POD xt Live" is a both a tone generator and a multi-effects pedal board for guitars. The POD xt Live...