Making your own inspirational bookmark is a creative project that has a practical use. Most bookmarks available in stores feature stylized designs which are reproducible with widely available crafting supplies. By foregoing store-bought options, you can choose your own designs and inspirational messages to make your bookmarks unique. Create your very own collection of homemade bookmarks or give them away as gifts to fellow readers.
Things You'll Need
- Patterned scrapbook paper
- Plain card stock
- Craft glue
- Acrylic sealer
Use a ruler and scissors to cut out a two-inch-wide by seven-inch-long piece from a sheet of patterned scrapbook paper. Use this as the base for your bookmark. Set aside the remaining portion of the paper.
Cut out a smaller, one-and-a-half-inch-wide by six-and-a-half-inch-long piece from a sheet of plain card stock. Set aside the remaining paper.
Use markers to write an inspirational quote, message or phrase on the plain card stock piece. Add additional details like doodles and illustrations to create a more complete design.
Attach the card stock piece to the patterned scrapbook piece with craft glue and allow it to dry for about 10 minutes.
Apply an acrylic sealer to the front and back sides of the bookmark to protect it from damage and to prevent ink rub.
Tips & Warnings
- Explore other options when creating your bookmark. Use ribbon, stickers and additional cutouts to give your bookmark increased visual interest.
- Cut your bookmark out in an interesting shape, such as a cloud, animal or country.
- Use different materials for your bookmark. Sewn fabric bookmarks and other organic materials are a popular alternative to paper-based bookmarks.
- Cut your bookmark from an already existing image, such as a reproduction of a famous work of art or a personal photograph. Browse through magazine and books for movie and television stills or film advertisements and cut them in the shape of a bookmark.
- Photo Credit Jupiterimages/Polka Dot/Getty Images
How to Make Your Own Christian Bookmarks
Many people find the words of the Bible so inspiring that they want to be reminded of them in their daily lives....
How to Make Bookmarks With Free Downloads
Create your own personalized bookmarks using free downloads found on the Internet. Free templates are available to allow you to create your...
How to Make Printable Bookmarks
With only a few tools, you can make your own printable bookmarks. These bookmarks make great awards and gifts. The bookmarks you...
How to Make Your Own Printable Bookmarks for Free
Creating homemade bookmarks is fun and simple. You can download and print bookmark templates, using word processing software, to create and design...
Religious Bookmark Crafts to Make
Whatever your religion, you probably treasure your scriptures and religious texts. A religious bookmark adds a beautiful, personal touch, like a decoration...
How to Stop Internet Explorer Script Error Messages
Stop Internet Explorer script error messages by changing the options of the browser to ignore any code mistakes in web pages the...