Converse All-Stars shoes are commonly referred to as Chuck Taylors, or simply “Chucks.” You can customize your Chuck Taylors with rhinestones for a little added femininity, using materials you can find at an arts and crafts supply store or at online retailers.
Things You'll Need
- Converse shoes
- Flat-backed rhinestones in a variety of colors
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks or tacky glue
Cover a flat workspace with newspaper to protect it from glue.
Use a pencil to mark the places on your shoes where you want to place the rhinestones.
Place a small dab of hot glue or tacky glue onto the flat back of a rhinestone. Use a dab of glue smaller than the area of the rhinestone’s back so that no glue will spill over.
Use tweezers to place the rhinestone on your shoe in the desired position. Press it firmly into the canvas of the shoe.
Let the glue dry completely overnight before you move the shoes or wear them.
Tips & Warnings
- To test different rhinestone patterns, draw a diagram of the shoe before beginning the project.
- Be careful when using a hot glue gun; the glue can burn your skin.
- Photo Credit Mario Tama/Getty Images News/Getty Images