The Nintendo Wii comes with an Internet channel available as a free download. This channel allows users to visit their favorite websites on the Internet, including Google. It only takes a few minutes to get the Google homepage on your Wii's Internet channel.
Things You'll Need
- Wireless Internet connection
Turn on the Wii console.
Select the "Internet Channel" box from the main menu and press the “A” button on the remote. Click “Start” on the bottom right side of the page.
Point the Wii remote at the circle on the top of the page that has “www” in the middle of it and the words “Web Address” underneath it. Press the “A” button on the Wii remote.
Type "www.google.com" in the box at the top of the page, using the "A" button. Click “OK” at the bottom of the page.
Tips & Warnings
- To add Google to your "Favorites" setting on the Internet channel, click on the box with the star at the bottom of the page.
- To make Google your homepage so that it appears each time you log on to the channel, click on the box at the bottom right side of the screen. The box will show an outline of a home and the letter "O".
- If you don't have the Internet Channel on your Wii, you can download it for free on the Wii Shop channel listed in the "Resources" section of this article.
- The Wii is a child-friendly video game system. However, caution should be used when kids are using the Wii to surf the Internet. In addition, you can set parental controls on the Wii at the site listed in the "Resources" section of this article.
- Photo Credit Scott Barbour/Getty Images News/Getty Images
How to Set Up a Wii Internet Connection
Having a Nintendo Wii internet connection with allow you to play games with friends across the world, download games, update your system,...
How to Connect Wii to Sony TV HDMI Input
When playing a video game on your Nintendo Wii, you want to have the clearest picture you possibly can have. You aren't...