There are several vehicles at your disposal in Rockstar's game, "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City." These vehicles, which include cars, planes and helicopters, become accessible to you over time. Of course, because boats can only be used on water, they can be less accessible than the more conventional vehicles in the game. Once you become familiar with Vice City's various ports and boat locations, finding the various boats in the game becomes an elementary task.
Complete the various missions, up to Ricardo Diaz's third mission: "The Fastest Boat."
Obtain the boat during the course of the mission. If you have only been playing story mode the entire time, this will be the first boat you have driven. Complete the mission by delivering the boat back to Ricardo Diaz.
Complete Ricardo Diaz's next mission, "Supply and Demand," which involves racing the boat to a specific point and then destroying other boats. After this mission has been completed, you'll be able to keep your boat.
Tips & Warnings
- There are plenty of locations to pick up a boat before you encounter the one in "The Fastest Boat." The following is a list of boat locations.
- Coast Guard--Dock along the waterfront in Northern Vice Port.
- Cuban Jetmax--Boat yard.
- Dinghy--Dock Across the street from Spand Express Company.
- Marquis--Fly ramp up from Rio near Cortez' yacht.
- Predator--Down stairwell just before the long bridge in Leaf Links. Off the right side of the road.
- Reefer--South of Marquis near Cortez' yacht.
- Rio--Docks north of Cortez' yacht.
- Squallo--Boatyard once it is purchased, next to Cuban Jetmax.
- Tropic--Dock next to Mercedes' house near Leaf Links.
- Additionally, after you complete the mission "Checkpoint Charlie," you will gain access to the boatyard, which provides free boats.
- Photo Credit Rosie Greenway/Getty Images Entertainment/Getty Images
Grand Theft Auto IV: How to Fly a Plane
Grand Theft Auto IV was released on April 29, 2008 for consoles and on December 2, 2008 for Windows. Grand Theft Auto...
How to Fly a Skimmer in GTA Vice City for the PC
While the title of "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" suggests your stealing encompasses only four-wheeled vehicles, other modes of transportation pepper the...
How to Steal a Boat in "GTA IV"
"Grand Theft Auto IV" has such a vast open area in the city to explore that it's easy to forget about the...