17 April 2011 updated! These days, the famous social networks like Facebook or Twitter have been blocked by ISPs in many Asian countries (including Vietnam and China). In a previous article, I presented several ways To Access Blocked Facebook. These tips helped us a lot, but there are some problems we still have to face, such as some tips are quite complex whereas some are not so efficient (in speed and other functionality). Since Feb 2010, local authority keeps forcing ISP to update their new methods for blocking social networks. Today I have a good news for Facebook users in Vietnam.
Things You'll Need
- No thing special
These are the elaborate steps to configure in Windows:
Go the Control Panel.
Click Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center, then Manage network connections.
Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:
* To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click Local Area Connection, and click Properties.
* To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click Wireless Network Connection, and click Properties.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and then click Properties.
Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.
Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers: 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52.
(Note: if it does not work with your ISP, replace with OpenDNS:
Or Norton DNS:
DNS của Norton
Restart the connection you selected in step 3.
All done! Have a good time with Facebook and Twitter.
Tips & Warnings
- Google DNS might not works with FPT, so use Open DNS or Norton DNS.
- April 2011, you can access Facebook by this url from Viet Nam http://lisp4.facebook.com, http://vi-vn.connect.facebook.com, https://www.facebook.com (with an "s" after http), http://m.facebook.com, http://touch.facebook.com
- Use http://www.hidemyass.com and http://hypercloak.com to access facebook directly, a bit slow but it works to access any blocked website from Vietnam
- Use Google Translate http://translate.google.com and type url facebook.com in the text box to access and that's it!
- If you have any question, please let me know through eHow network.
How to Write Vietnamese With Accents on a Windows Computer
The Windows operating system can assign different characters to the same key in the keyboard, according to the "keyboard layout" configured at...
How to Access Facebook at Work
With all of the big social sites today such as Facebook and Myspace, membership to at least one of these sites is...
How to Unblock Facebook Applications and Friends
Facebook allows users to customize their personal privacy settings to block applications or friends they do not wish to view or have...
How to Get a Visa to Vietnam
Tourists and business travelers must arrange the appropriate visa to enter Vietnam. Vietnamese embassies and general consulates issue visas in Washington, D.C.,...
How to Unblock Websites From a School's Fire Wall
Windows Firewall is a built-in protection program included with the Windows operating system. This program will block incoming connections from the Internet...
How to Add a Sports Team to My Facebook Profile
Adding a sports team to your Facebook profile is a great way to express interest in that organization. Add a sports team...
How to Use the "Wall" on your Facebook Page
Facebook is a popular social networking site on the Internet. It has several millions of users around the world. The site helps...