Many bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts take the steroid hormone testosterone to increase muscle mass and quickly recover from workouts. However, excess dosages of testosterone can convert to estrogen via a natural process and can cause gynecomastia (the development of male breasts). The synthetic steroid Proviron blocks this natural conversion process and bodybuilders can use it to prevent the estrogenic effects of testosterone conversion.
Things You'll Need
- Proviron tablets
- 22 gauge, 1” or 1.5” Syringes
- Human chorionic gonadotropin (optional)
Before getting started, make sure you possess enough testosterone, Proviron, and syringes to complete at least a 10-week cycle. For those taking the minimum amounts recommended below, this amounts to 2500 mg of testosterone and 3500 mg (140 tablets) of Proviron. Also, you will need a minimum of 10 syringes to inject the testosterone.
Inject a minimum of 250 mg testosterone weekly. You will not see gains in building muscle mass or developing strength using less than this amount. Many bodybuilders report using double that dosage, and some inject as much as 1000 mg each week, spread out over three or four injections.
Take at least 50 mg of Proviron daily during your entire cycle. This will block the estrogenic effects of the minimum amount of testosterone specified above. If you take more than 250 mg of testosterone weekly, you will need to increase the Proviron intake proportionately.
Follow a well-planned exercise regimen throughout your cycle. You will not make solid gains from the use of testosterone and Proviron if you do not exercise enough or exercise properly. To maximize strength and muscle mass, follow the high-intensity training (H.I.T.) method popularized by bodybuilder Dorian Yates. To gain mass and avoid injury, consider using one of the high-volume, low-intensity protocols listed in Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding.
Eat properly throughout to maximize gains. While taking testosterone and Proviron, you will not gain muscle mass if you do not eat enough protein. To gain mass, shoot for a daily intake of two to three grams of protein for every pound of your body weight. Also, you have enough energy for your workouts without consuming enough carbohydrates. Multiply your body weight by 20, and try to ingest that many calories of low glycemic index carbs each day.
Recover fully from your workouts by getting enough sleep and rest time. If you exercise properly while taking testosterone and Proviron, you will need enough rest in between workouts and enough sleep each night. Avoid training the same body part two days in a row, and shoot for eight hours of sleep each night.
Start a post-cycle treatment with human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG). Long-term usage of exogenous (externally produced) testosterone will depress the body’s natural production of this hormone. During the last week of your cycle, start injecting 1500 to 3000 international units of HCG every five to six days and continue this regimen for three to four weeks after you stop taking testosterone and Proviron.
Tips & Warnings
- Do not use the same syringe more than once, as this could lead to infection or abscesses under the skin.
- The androgenic (masculinizing) properties of both testosterone and Proviron can result in male-pattern baldness. You can avoid hair loss by taking finasteride.
- Consult a physician before beginning any bodybuilding regimen, especially one that involves the use of performance-enhancing substances.
- The use of steroids can cause a number of health risks, including coronary damage, hypertension, the development of excess masculine characteristics and the sometimes fatal condition peliosis hepatis.
- Also, as anabolic steroids, both testosterone and Proviron are banned in many countries without a prescription.
- Photo Credit Jupiterimages/Comstock/Getty Images
- Humatrope Dosages for Bodybuilding
- Proviron Side Effects
- T-Bol Side Effects
- What Are the Benefits of Using Proviron?
How Do I Use AndroGel Bodybuilding to Get Big?
AndroGel is a testosterone gel commonly prescribed to boost testosterone levels in men. Unlike other synthetic drugs often ingested or administered intravenously,...
- How to Recover From a Testosterone Cycle