Whether it be a special occasion, night on the town, or just a hot summer day, sleeveless and strapless garments are a comfortable and fashionable choice. However, those with excess melanin deposits on the skin's surface area, such as the underarms, may be discouraged from wearing these garments. Excess melanin deposits can create visible dark or gray patches on the skin that can darken over time. Cosmetic surgeries and skin bleaching creams are available for skin lightening but may require several costly applications. Fortunately, there are natural ways to lighten the darkened skin that you can try in the comfort of your own home.
Things You'll Need
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup cucumber juice
- 1/8 tsp. turmeric powder
- 2 bowls
- 2 towels
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- Cotton balls
Lemony Cool Cucumber Skin Whitener
Pour ¼ cup of lemon juice, ¼ cup of cucumber juice, and 1/8 tsp. of turmeric powder into bowl. Stir the ingredients for two minutes to properly blend. Lemon juice contains natural skin bleaching properties that brighten and enhance the skin by eliminating toxins and dead skin. Cucumber is yet another natural skin lightener that soothes the skin and reduces the production of melanin.
Apply the mixture to each underarm using 2 to 4 cotton balls. Rub the underarms in a circular motion to work the mixture into the skin.
Allow the mixture to soak on the underarms for twenty minutes. Rinse with cool water, pat dry with towel.
Repeat this treatment two times daily (morning and night) for three weeks for best results.
Apple Cider Vinegar Skin Lightening Treatment
Pour 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar and 1/3 cup water into bowl. Stir the ingredients for two minutes to properly blend. Apple cider vinegar contains high levels of acetic acid to exfoliate the skin and lighten dark spots associated with excess melanin deposits and dead skin cell accumulation from perspiration.
Apply the mixture to each underarm using 2 to 4 cotton balls. Rub the underarms in a circular motion for a minimum of two minutes to work the diluted apple cider vinegar into the skin.
Do not rinse the mixture off the skin. Allow the mixture to naturally dry on the skin. Use this treatment two times daily (morning and night) for three weeks.
Tips & Warnings
- Do not become discouraged if immediate results following natural remedy treatments do not occur. Skin lightening may take time and requires persistence. All ingredients can be purchased at your local supermarket or health store.
- Always consult your primary physician and dermatologist regarding dark skin spots. Although dark skin tissue is not usually harmful, some serious medical conditions can produce symptoms such as darkening of the skin. Consult your dermatologist before attempting natural skin treatments to better understand the risks associated with your specific skin type. Do not exceed the daily two treatments of the lemon juice mixture. Lemons contain high acidity levels that may dry and irritate the skin if used excessively. If skin begins to become red, swollen, or flaky, discontinue the treatment immediately. Always wash the hands after using the lemon mixture and before making contact with the eyes. Failure to do so may result in burning and irritation of the eyes. If this occurs, flush the eyes with cool water for fifteen minutes. If you are allergic to any natural treatment ingredient listed above, do not use treatments. Failure to do so may result in an allergic reaction that can damage the skin. If this occurs seek medical attention immediately.
- What Causes Grey Facial Hair?
How Do You Get Rid of the Gray Shade After Shaving?
If you shave on a regular basis, you'll probably see a gray shade on your freshly shaved skin from time to time....
- How to Get Rid of Underarm Shadow
How to Get Rid of Melanin Growths on My Face
Melanin is the pigment in your skin that is sensitive to sunlight. Sun exposure, hormonal changes and trauma to the skin can...
How to Get Rid of Black Armpits
Black armpits can be an embarrassment, but it is often a treatable condition. Unusually black armpits could be caused by a number...
- How Do I Stop Making My Armpits Smell So Bad?
- What Causes Dark Skin Under the Arms?