Eating healthy without feeling hungry is not always easy to do. Many healthy foods such as raw fruits and vegetables are low in calories and high in nutrients, but some people complain that they don't feel full after eating vegetables or other healthy foods. If a person is addicted to junk food sometimes hunger pangs can linger after eating healthy food. There are many simple methods you can use to eat healthy without feeling hungry afterwards.
Things You'll Need
- Digestive enzymes
- Raw Fruits and Vegetables
- Brewers Yeast
Go to a health food store and buy digestive enzymes. Take one to two capsules with each meal. Digestive enzymes improve digestion which enhances metabolism and helps you to feel full. Eat five to eight raw fruits and vegetables per day. Mix it up and try a new vegetable each week. Choose fruits that make you feel full like figs and bananas. Raisins are also an excellent choice.
Take your time eating. When you sit down at each meal really take the time to eat slowly and chew your food. Enjoy every single bite and even put your fork down for a moment and talk with friends or family members at the table. Eating slowly will help your brain to register that you are full. This is especially important when you eat healthy food because this food is naturally more lean. Consume smaller portions and take your time eating each morsel.
Drink eight to ten glasses of pure water each day. Water also helps you to feel fuller in between meals. People can often think they are hungry when in fact they are thirsty. Try drinking some cold water to see if your hunger goes away. It is best to drink water slowly over the course of the day rather than all at once. Avoid drinking tap water as many water systems contain chlorine. Buy bottled water or attach a water filter to your faucet. If you buy a filter be sure to replace it every three to six months to maintain purity.
Snack on a combination of healthy snacks throughout the day to avoid feeling hungry. Combine healthy snacks like low-fat string cheese with an apple and a small handful of almonds. The combination of fiber with protein and healthy fats is a great way to satisfy your palate.
Eat a brewers yeast smoothie once or twice each week. Combine one scoop of brewers yeast, a banana and strawberries in your blender. This is a delicious healthy treat. You can also add other fruits of your choice like blueberries or pineapple.
Tips & Warnings
- If you still get hungry after eating healthy, try adding a scoop of fiber to a glass of water. The fiber is low in calories and it will help you to feel full and diminish your hunger.
- Stop eating all foods that contain white processed sugar. If you do like to have something sweet try a piece of dark chocolate, but be sure to do this in moderation.
- Stop eating white bread. Too much white bread can cause you to feel bloated and have strong cravings for sweets. Choose sprouted bread found at your local health food store.
- If you are not accustomed to eating healthy you may feel very hungry in the beginning so be sure to snack often and always consume some healthy fats, including olive and canola oil, and nuts. If you are severely malnourished it will take time to notice the effects of a healthy diet. For even more dramatic results, take a whole food multi-vitamin and mineral supplement. A whole food vitamin is made from actual food rather than chemicals.
Why Do I Always Feel Hungry Even After Eating a Meal?
Like your car, your body requires fuel (food) to keep its engine running. Hunger is the fuel gauge that lets you know...
Can Eating Too Much Fruit Lead to Weight Gain?
Weight gain is caused by eating more calories than you expend. Fruits and vegetables are part of a nutritious diet, but too...
How to Eat Healthy at Dairy Queen
Cheap and convenient, fast-food restaurants like Dairy Queen can be hard to resist. But you don't have to blow your diet when...
How to Eat Healthy at The Cheesecake Factory
If you're looking to indulge at The Cheesecake Factory, it's easy to do -- just try the Bruleed French Toast, which has...
How to Stop Feeling Hungry All the Time
Being hungry all the time is very common, and there are plenty of remedies suggested to counter it. Some of these remedies...
Eating Habits for Healthy Weight Loss
Learn eating habits for healthy weight loss in this free health video.