In this article I'm going to walk you through how to use Netflix's Watch Instantly option. Their use to be a tab that would take you directly to the list of movies that were available to watch instantly but this option has been moved. I watch movies instantly on Netflix all the time and was having to look through countless websites to try and find a list of movies for this option. It was only until I called Netflix directly and asked how this was to be done. Now I'll tell you how to do this. It's fairly simple. I'll also give you a few ways to connect your computer to your T.V. so you can watch it just like a normal program.
Things You'll Need
- Computer,laptop, or devices that can be connected to the Watch Instantly Feature (see the link in tips at the bottom)
- A Netflix account
- S-video cable, HDMI cable
This step will be the most obvious
- Log into your Netflix account
Locating the list of movies available for "Watch Instantly"
- Click on the top left tab that says "Browse" if not already selected.
- Locate the tab below there that says "Genres".
- Select the Genre of movies that you want to see.
- Once you select one a new screen will open and you'll see directly above the first title, the option to see "Show streaming titles only"
- Select that box and now you'll only see "Watch Instantly" titles for that Genre.
- Go through all the sub genres and find a title that interest you.
- Read the ratings and reviews (though not always correct)
Connecting your computer to your T.V
This is pending that your T.V. allows this action. Older T.V.s may need and adapter. Newer T.V.s should have most of these inputs
- Locate either your S-video output or HDMI output on you computer.
- Locate the corresponding input on your T.V. or adapter.
- Plug the corresponding wire into the correct plugs.
- Some computers have an option to switch your screen to an optional screen (Fn + F4, Fn+F5);Fn(function)= the Fn button near the left Ctrl key
Tips & Warnings
- This is a list of some devices that work with Netflix:(copy this address and paste in your browser) http://www.netflix.com/NetflixReadyDevicesList?lnkce=nrd-l&trkid=425738&lnkctr=nrd-l-m
- If you don't have a Netflix account and you're a movie person, I would strongly suggest you get an account. Even movies still in theaters you can go ahead and save them to your cue and get them sent as soon as they come out. It's AWESOME.
- You CAN add them to your personal collection but I won't write a HowTo for that. It can be researched through several places on the web. ;)
How to Look at Categories on Netflix Streaming
Netflix streaming services give you the ability to watch movies and television shows via computers, video gaming consoles and other entertainment devices....
How to Use Netflix
Netflix is an amazing movie rental service that ships the rentals to you and doesn't charge any late fees. It's fast, easy...
How to Watch Free Theater Movies
Today going to the movies is just as expensive as going out to eat for dinner. You have to choose to do...
How to Clear a Netflix Watch Now List
Netflix has many options to help users enjoy movies in their home and on their computers. Online, Netflix allows users to select...