There are several reasons you need to re-download your podcast series. First, probably you moved your Media File location in iTunes (intentionally or accidentally), deleted the file, or want to merge old collection into new folder or drive.
I most cases, user changed setting in iTunes to different folder and when he/she's trying to play or sync, it comes out with exclamation mark "!" in the left side of each series.
Some people said, just un-subscribe and then subscribe again. Well, yeah, that's easy, but it will take a long time and wasting bandwidth. There's an easy way to do this.
Things You'll Need
- iPod, iTouch, iPhone
- PC or Mac
Run iTunes and let everything ready before you do the next steps. Go to the local Podcast control and open it.
Choose which Podcast series you want to re-download. Delete the entire episode in that series. Minimize that series by clicking the triangle. Should be pointing to the right.
PC: hold your SHIFT key and CLICK the triangle to maximize using your mouse.
MAC: hold the OPTION key and CLICK the triangle to maximize using your mouse.
When the series expanded, you will see the entire episode back again with "GET" button in the right side.
Tips & Warnings
- You must delete the entire episode in particular podcast series
- Try to minimize and maximize few times with the SHIFT/OPTION key pressed. Sometimes it takes time to refresh.
- Author is not part of one or more publication from any podcast series.
- The screenshot is created in author's desktop and purely for education purposes.
- Photo Credit Screenshot from my iTunes on Makezine Podcast
How to Download a Podcast to an MP3 Player
How to Download a Podcast to an MP3 Player. Podcasts are easy to listen to on the Web, but to listen on...