Antique Bronze is a patina (blue liquid) that instantly imparts a light to dark bronze finish on steel & iron. Antique Bronze is used for lighting fixtures, railings, hardware, gates, gift items, basically anywhere steel or iron need to be given a Antique Bronze Look.
Things You'll Need
- Surclean-400 metal conditioner/cleaner
- Antique Bronze Patina
- Acrylaq-1045 lacquer/sealer
- Plastic container or glass beaker
- Spray Bottle or brush
- Rubber or neoprene gloves
The parts should be cleaned and conditioned with Surclean-400 by dipping your pieces, and depending how dirty they are you can scrub with steel wool.(If Surclean-400 is not an option you can sandblast your pieces).
Antique Bronze can be sprayed or brushed on steel/iron. For brushing use as is, brush back and fourth a few times and wait for 1-3 minutes.
For spraying, dilute 1:2 with water, dip for 5-30 seconds (depending how light or dark brown you desire.)Rinse with water & dry with rag right away.
Protect your finish with a Lacquer/Sealer. I recommend Acrylaq-1045 flat lacquer for exterior and interior. Use as is and spray evenly.
Tips & Warnings
- If you would like to achieve this finish you can contact me email@example.com,or go to www.surfinchemical.com.
- A sample kit is offered on over 100 patinas.
- Some of these products are acidic and could be fatal if swallowed, take precautions while handling and using such product. Keep away from children and pets. Wear rubber or neoprene gloves
- Photo Credit Sur-fin Chemical Corp.
How to patina Antique Brass Finish on steel
How to Patina a Antique Bronze finish on steel/iron; How to: Faux Antique Brass Finish; Print this article; Things You'll Need. Surclean-400...
How Do I Get Steel to Look Like Oil Rubbed Bronze?
How Do I Get Steel to Look Like Oil Rubbed Bronze?. ... An oil-rubbed bronze finish can add a cozy glow to...
How to Paint Patina
Patina, a discoloration that develops on copper or bronze over time, is an easy visual effect to achieve with a few different...
How to Patina Metal Sheets
Put on rubber gloves to protect your hands. Spread the vinegar mixture evenly over the metal sheeting with a sponge. ... How...
How to Restore a Bronze Finish
How to Restore a Bronze Finish. Bronze statues, ... Antique Bronze is a patina (blue liquid) that instantly imparts a light to...