Antique Bronze is a patina (blue liquid) that instantly imparts a light to dark bronze finish on steel & iron. Antique Bronze is used for lighting fixtures, railings, hardware, gates, gift items, basically anywhere steel or iron need to be given a Antique Bronze Look.
Things You'll Need
- Surclean-400 metal conditioner/cleaner
- Antique Bronze Patina
- Acrylaq-1045 lacquer/sealer
- Plastic container or glass beaker
- Spray Bottle or brush
- Rubber or neoprene gloves
The parts should be cleaned and conditioned with Surclean-400 by dipping your pieces, and depending how dirty they are you can scrub with steel wool.(If Surclean-400 is not an option you can sandblast your pieces).
Antique Bronze can be sprayed or brushed on steel/iron. For brushing use as is, brush back and fourth a few times and wait for 1-3 minutes.
For spraying, dilute 1:2 with water, dip for 5-30 seconds (depending how light or dark brown you desire.)Rinse with water & dry with rag right away.
Protect your finish with a Lacquer/Sealer. I recommend Acrylaq-1045 flat lacquer for exterior and interior. Use as is and spray evenly.
Tips & Warnings
- If you would like to achieve this finish you can contact me email@example.com,or go to www.surfinchemical.com.
- A sample kit is offered on over 100 patinas.
- Some of these products are acidic and could be fatal if swallowed, take precautions while handling and using such product. Keep away from children and pets. Wear rubber or neoprene gloves
- Photo Credit Sur-fin Chemical Corp.
How to patina Antique Brass Finish on steel
Antique Brass enables you to impart a beautiful Antique Brass finish on Steel or Iron. This process uses two different patina solutions....
How to Restore a Bronze Finish
Bronze statues, decor and furnishings can act as an elegant touch to a home or office because of its rich reddish color....
How to Paint Patina
If you want your home to have a rustic feel, use a distressing technique to create a weathered, antiqued look of patina...
How to Patina Metal Sheets
Metal sheeting has many uses in your home and crafting life. You can frame the sheeting for an instant magnet message board...
How Do I Get Steel to Look Like Oil Rubbed Bronze?
Changing the appearance of steel or other metal to an oil-rubbed bronze requires several layers of spray paint to be applied. The...