Remove the inside cover.
Making your own picture frame at home can be a cinch. Custom picture frames light up a room and make great gifts.
Things You'll Need
- CD case
- Thin cardboard
- Decorative items
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
Cut your photo or artwork to fit the measurements of the CD case and place it inside.
Place a piece of cardboard behind the image to keep it in place.
Close the cover, ensuring the image and cardboard don't get caught in the edges.
Decorate the front of the case with items found around the house such as buttons, ribbon, paint, painted macaroni, parts from broken jewelry, fabric, magazine pages.
Prop the frame up against walls, or add a hanger or tail to the back.
Tips & Warnings
- Clean the tip of your glue gun to avoid getting it clogged.
- Hot glue adheres better than other glues.
- Keep your craft-making tools in an organized place so you can easily find them again when you want to make another.
- When using stain, the more coats you apply the darker it will get. Glossy stain shines, matte stain doesn't.
- Ask for a paint brush recommendation to avoid buying ones that will leave strands on your frame.
- Caution when using a glue gun - it gets hot!
- Photo Credit Hemera Technologies/Photos.com/Getty Images
How to Make a Wood Picture Frame
How to Make a Wood Picture Frame. ... You can easily make picture frames to compliment your rustic home décor with materials...
How to Make Simple Picture Frames
The list of materials to make simple picture frames is lengthy, but if you've done any woodworking at all, you should have...
How to make homemade picture frames
Making your own picture frames can be fun and easy, and requires only minimal experience with woodworking. Whether you have a photo...
How to Make Picture Frames
How to Make Picture Frames. Picture frames can showcase your fond memories. ... How to Make Easy Picture Frames at Home. How...
How to Make Handmade Photo Frames
How to Make Handmade Photo Frames. ... How to Make Easy Picture Frames at Home. A Variety of Ideas on How to...